The Student Room Group

Job stress

I am 14 years old and have been looking for a job for the past 2 months. I want to know whether i would be able to work in sports direct or a restaurant and get paid in cash by the hour. I also want to know whether if i go directly to the restaurant or shop would i be able to start my job straight away? Thank you.
Hi I am 15 year old who works and I will say that it is going to be hard to find a job at a big establishment as you work under children’s rules. I.e you can’t work long hours, after 4.5hr you get a break and you can’t be on a payroll. You also can do certain things like use a coffee machine or knives.
So I would steer away from big corporations and try small cafes and things first however by all means ask because the worst they can do is say no. Also I would also mention that there is no minimum wage for 14 year old so watch out for people taking advantage.
Tbh. I don’t think you are going to find a job that will pay in cash.
Reply 2
Original post by FrenchFencer
Hi I am 15 year old who works and I will say that it is going to be hard to find a job at a big establishment as you work under children’s rules. I.e you can’t work long hours, after 4.5hr you get a break and you can’t be on a payroll. You also can do certain things like use a coffee machine or knives.
So I would steer away from big corporations and try small cafes and things first however by all means ask because the worst they can do is say no. Also I would also mention that there is no minimum wage for 14 year old so watch out for people taking advantage.
Tbh. I don’t think you are going to find a job that will pay in cash.

thank you that was really helpful do u think i would be able to work in a care home for the elderly?
i did some research and it says theres no specific age but il have to check
also if u dont mind me asking what job do u have?
Original post by amani.mah19
thank you that was really helpful do u think i would be able to work in a care home for the elderly?
i did some research and it says theres no specific age but il have to check
also if u dont mind me asking what job do u have?

I work in as a cafe assistant in a local cafe - I have no idea about care homes for the elderly sorry
Reply 4
Original post by FrenchFencer
I work in as a cafe assistant in a local cafe - I have no idea about care homes for the elderly sorry

thats fine but thank you so much for your help il try and see if i can work in a cafe
how much do u make an hour

Quick Reply

Latest