The Student Room Group

Part time job

I’ve been working in retail as a Christmas temp, my contract ends in February. I’ve been offered to stay on as a permanent contract but idk if I should bc it makes me quite stressed, I don’t like the manager and I make mistakes quite often. However it is quite good pay for my age group. Has anyone been in a similar position and what did they choose
Reply 1
Original post by georgeezra36
I’ve been working in retail as a Christmas temp, my contract ends in February. I’ve been offered to stay on as a permanent contract but idk if I should bc it makes me quite stressed, I don’t like the manager and I make mistakes quite often. However it is quite good pay for my age group. Has anyone been in a similar position and what did they choose

Take the opportunity in getting kept on permanently and make sure you get the hours and days that suits you best.

Retailing can be stressful at times especially at this time of year when it's full hands on with staff.
You'll learn from mistakes you make, you must have done something to get offered a permanent job well before your contract expires.

You should find it less stressful once the Christmas period out of the way as be less busier than currently is.

I'm team leader and stand in occasionally as supervisor with big name supermarket.
Original post by georgeezra36

Id take the job.
Its not every day that people get offered to stay on permanent.
They must think you are ok to be offering to keep you on. If they thought you were that rubbish then they wouldnt be offering you a permanent job.
You may make the odd mistake but no one is perfect. Plus you are still quite new so the odd mistake is expected.
Retails/fast food can be stressful running up to christmas with it being so busy. But in the new year once things calm down a bit, it will be less stressful.
If the worst comes to the worst, you can always look for other jobs later on down the line. And it will be easier as you already have a job.

You should find it less stressful once the Christmas period out of the way as be less busier than currently is.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending