The Student Room Group

Bristol Dentistry interviews

Hi there, I was wondering if anyone has done an interview for Bristol dentistry before and could share any questions they got or how the interview worked?
Reply 1
Original post by winxclubrules
Hi there, I was wondering if anyone has done an interview for Bristol dentistry before and could share any questions they got or how the interview worked?

can you let me know if anyoen replies
Reply 2
Yes me too I’ve got mine at the start of Jan, so confused about the matchbox that you need to describe like whattt?? Also do u guys have any recommended sites to use for revision or are you just doing ur own research and mocks? All the best luck xx
Reply 3

we’re not allowed to share any questions we got, they’re really strict about that😭 you obviously know the two tasks that have to be prepared in advance, which they lay out on the website - other than that, just look at some common dent interview questions and hot topics, that’s what i did to prepare
Original post by Emrp2004
Yes me too I’ve got mine at the start of Jan, so confused about the matchbox that you need to describe like whattt?? Also do u guys have any recommended sites to use for revision or are you just doing ur own research and mocks? All the best luck xx

i've had mine, it's really chill. they just want to see you're not a soulless neek who can talk to people confidently
Reply 5

I need help with the matchbox aswell, not sure how to decorate it and where to even get one from
Reply 6
Original post by HILLEBRANDSeb
i've had mine, it's really chill. they just want to see you're not a soulless neek who can talk to people confidently

Where did you buy your matchbox and also any examples you can give me on how to decorate and what with
Do not discuss the content of any interview you may have had. By doing so you are inadvertently aiding others who may take your place and if the University in question finds out they may remove you from the course for dishonest conduct.

The matchbox thing is a test of your manual dexterity and ingenuity and a chance to show your skills.
Reply 8
Original post by Mayahallll
I need help with the matchbox aswell, not sure how to decorate it and where to even get one from

i couldn’t find a matchbox that fit the dimensions they required so i just bought some thick card and made it myself (like i drew the net of a cuboid like the ones we did in like year 6 and folded it myself). for the decorations literally just go crazy with it, it’s supposed to be YOUR matchbox - make it look how you want it to. best of luck! :smile:
Reply 9
anyone applying for the 6 yr course?
Original post by mo05
anyone applying for the 6 yr course?

Yeah are you? if so do you have an interview?
Reply 11
Original post by cghnnnn3588
Yeah are you? if so do you have an interview?

yes im applying for the 6 yr and ive had an interview wbu
(edited 3 months ago)
Original post by mo05

yea same but my interview is on wednesday. how was ur interview like and do uno how many were given out?
Where did you buy your matchbox and also any examples you can give me on how to decorate and what with

not trying to be rude but you've gotta figure it out yourself!! just use your imagination
Reply 14

Hi, I’ve got mine then too. I’m really struggling with what to put in matchbox. How are you preparing for the interview?
Reply 15

Sell in Tescos litro everywhere “cooks matches” are the right measurements x
Reply 16
Original post by mo05

Did they ask you anything about why u applied for foundation specifically or just about dent?
For those who have got offers for the A102 course for Gateway to Dentistry DM me to be added to the gc for gateway to med/dent 2024/25 offer holders!

Quick Reply

Latest