The Student Room Group

Help with academic burn out

Good Afternoon , I've been struggling with a lack of motivation for almost 2 years. It all began near the start of my GCSE exams when I was under a lot of stress. I began to feel disconnected and like I was watching myself through someone else's eyes and I began not caring about studying and the future. This feeling has persisted and I am now in my second year of Sixth Form and I am struggling to find my determination to keep going forward . I study for a long amount of time yet my test results are always bad and my grades suffer. I feel helpless and lost and I really want this to just stop because it's been interfeering with my home life a lot and also jeopardising my future since I phyiscally cannot will myself to study because I feel unmotivated. Is anyone else feeling the same or in a similar way? what would you suggest I start to do so I can finally break this cycle ? Thank you for reading.
Reply 1
Original post by AlexandraMili
Good Afternoon , I've been struggling with a lack of motivation for almost 2 years. It all began near the start of my GCSE exams when I was under a lot of stress. I began to feel disconnected and like I was watching myself through someone else's eyes and I began not caring about studying and the future. This feeling has persisted and I am now in my second year of Sixth Form and I am struggling to find my determination to keep going forward . I study for a long amount of time yet my test results are always bad and my grades suffer. I feel helpless and lost and I really want this to just stop because it's been interfeering with my home life a lot and also jeopardising my future since I phyiscally cannot will myself to study because I feel unmotivated. Is anyone else feeling the same or in a similar way? what would you suggest I start to do so I can finally break this cycle ? Thank you for reading.

What happened for you? What caused the stress's and what changed for you to feel so lost and unmotivated? You will know this already so just be ok with whatever you feel to cope with that.

You will know so then be gentle on yourself. You have just lost sight of the horizon, your goals. They will return when you are ready and you reassure yourself that there is a way forward and everything will be OK.

Quick Reply

Latest