The Student Room Group

Cambridge 2024

Has anyone received interviews from jesus or for engineering?
Original post by EMM2006
Has anyone received interviews from jesus or for engineering?

Yes!! My interviews are on Monday.
Reply 2
Original post by Moneymania11

Yes!! My interviews are on Monday.

Hey! How did it go? I’m in year 12 looking to do engineering at Cambridge and getting to the interview stage is an awesome accomplishment! Do you have any supercurriculars for the ps that you recommend, any advice for the admission test, and interview? Thank you and well done!!
Reply 3
You are going to have a different admissions test from us, you will be sitting the ESAT.

https://www.cam.ac.uk/news/new-admissions-tests-for-2024
Reply 4
Original post by Mirwen
You are going to have a different admissions test from us, you will be sitting the ESAT.

https://www.cam.ac.uk/news/new-admissions-tests-for-2024

Yes I saw that too! I’d still appreciate any advice you guys have for it since the skills are bound to be transactional ie maths and physics, problem solving, time constraint, etc 😊
Reply 5
In regards to timing, yeah you have to move fast. If the timing is anything like the engaa then you get around a minute per question and there is sometimes a fair bit of work to get to the answer. Considering that you will have mathematics 1, mathematics 2 and physics in your esat I would recommend doing questions from the nsaa/engaa past papers under timed conditions. That will hopefully help you get a hang of the timings.

Idk, I also sat my engaa in a weird way, spending most of my time on section 1b instead of 1a. It worked for me I suppose.
Reply 6
Original post by Mirwen
In regards to timing, yeah you have to move fast. If the timing is anything like the engaa then you get around a minute per question and there is sometimes a fair bit of work to get to the answer. Considering that you will have mathematics 1, mathematics 2 and physics in your esat I would recommend doing questions from the nsaa/engaa past papers under timed conditions. That will hopefully help you get a hang of the timings.

Idk, I also sat my engaa in a weird way, spending most of my time on section 1b instead of 1a. It worked for me I suppose.

Thank you so much! 😊 if you don’t mind, what kind of engineering supercurriculars did you do?
Reply 7
I did some maths/physics challenges, some projects. I also read a book and talked about it a bit in my personal statement. I know people who have had some success with MOOCs. Honestly, find some things (related to your subject) that interest you and get involved. What Cambridge Engineering are looking for is an interest in the subject, not that you have taken part in anything prestigious per se. Focus on achievement academically and also on the admissions test, I'd say.
Reply 8
Original post by Mirwen
I did some maths/physics challenges, some projects. I also read a book and talked about it a bit in my personal statement. I know people who have had some success with MOOCs. Honestly, find some things (related to your subject) that interest you and get involved. What Cambridge Engineering are looking for is an interest in the subject, not that you have taken part in anything prestigious per se. Focus on achievement academically and also on the admissions test, I'd say.

Thank you again for all your advice, I hope it all goes well for you!! ^^
Reply 9
I got an offer! Now to meet the requirements...
Reply 10
Original post by 18moosae
Thank you again for all your advice, I hope it all goes well for you!! ^^

Happy to help. Good luck with your application!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending