The Student Room Group

Rate my study plan

Hiya,
decided to post this again in this forum to hopefully get help cuz I got ghosted in my other post.

I've sorted out a plan and just want to hear from year 13s and uni students if they think this routine will set me for an A* (given that i obviously put in the hard work too):
IF ANY YEAR 12S HAVE ANY ROUTINE THEY THINK IS EFFECTIVE PLEASE LMK TOOO!!!!

Chemistry:
-> Make notes from Allery chem
-> Add onto the notes using chemrevise + AQA chemistry textbook
-> Finish every pmt question after finishing a topic
-> Make flashcards once i'm confident in topic

Biology:
-> Make notes from freesciencelessons
-> Add notes from Miss Estruch (she's not my primary note provider since I don't understand her videos and personally don't feel like she covers EVERYTHING) + AQA biology textbook
-> Finish every pmt questions after finishing a topic
-> Use pre-written notes to turn into flashcards (i found them online and they're a god send, idk how to attach them here tho so i'll post a link https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=5062288
-> Make flashcards once I'm confident in topic (using my own notes)

Psychology:
-> Use Psychboost to make my notes (my main sources of notes are utube channels since i concentrate more for sum reason)
-> Use oxford AQA psychology A level book for A03 points
-> Make case study flashcards

^ Idk how to revise for psychology ngl lols
Reply 1
Original post by limbobimbo
Hiya,
decided to post this again in this forum to hopefully get help cuz I got ghosted in my other post.

I've sorted out a plan and just want to hear from year 13s and uni students if they think this routine will set me for an A* (given that i obviously put in the hard work too):

Chemistry:

Biology:
-> Add notes from Miss Estruch (she's not my primary note provider since I don't understand her videos and personally don't feel like she covers EVERYTHING) + AQA biology textbook
-> Use pre-written notes to turn into flashcards (i found them online and they're a god send, idk how to attach them here tho so i'll post a link https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=5062288

Psychology:
-> Use Psychboost to make my notes (my main sources of notes are utube channels since i concentrate more for sum reason)

This is really good but I also recommend using the CGP revision guide for consolidation also this website has good notes https://factrecall.com/biology-molecules.html. For biology make notes using mark schemes especially for big mark questions because AQA are very specific with the terminology you need to write to get all the marks. MME and the website 'exam paper practice' have really good topic specific questions for biology. For chemistry I used Dalton Chemistry(you need to create an account with your email but its free) for questions as the pmt ones seemed a bit easier that my school tests.
Reply 2
Original post by purple_13
Original post by limbobimbo
Hiya,

Chemistry:

Biology:

Psychology:

This is really good but I also recommend using the CGP revision guide for consolidation also this website has good notes https://factrecall.com/biology-molecules.html. For biology make notes using mark schemes especially for big mark questions because AQA are very specific with the terminology you need to write to get all the marks. MME and the website 'exam paper practice' have really good topic specific questions for biology. For chemistry I used Dalton Chemistry(you need to create an account with your email but its free) for questions as the pmt ones seemed a bit easier that my school tests.

Ooo, this is definitely helpful, i also
find PMT qs a bit too easy and not challenging enough, so I'll make sure to check out Dalton Chemistry!

I used the CGP textbook for biology, and I was not impressed since imo it waffled a lot. However, I will check out the revision guide, which hopefully will be less wafflier (if ygm).

Even during GCSEs, many people told me to use spec to make notes, but i acc dk how? Sometimes, the spec isn't specific enough and very general, which makes it hard to make notes using it.
If you had any tips as to how to make notes using specifications, I'd be really thankful!
Original post by purple_13

HIYA, i wanted to check out the link you put but it does not work T-T
Reply 4
Go through the spec and make sure you have something in your notes that cover all the key terminology and every topic in the spec
(edited 5 months ago)
With the flashcards I find it best to make them online and then you can organise the sets easier and change the information (more detail or exam wording)
I find that I make the flashcards after the notes to try and help learn the content before applying it and then I can add relevant information from the questions which sometimes have information that the teacher missed or different wording that gives the marks
Also some online websites such as study smarter do a rating system of the cards and an algorithm makes a spaced repition pattern for you which works well
I diidn't do physcology but found this method helped me get A* in biology and chemistry
Reply 6
Original post by Anonymous #2
With the flashcards I find it best to make them online and then you can organise the sets easier and change the information (more detail or exam wording)
I find that I make the flashcards after the notes to try and help learn the content before applying it and then I can add relevant information from the questions which sometimes have information that the teacher missed or different wording that gives the marks
Also some online websites such as study smarter do a rating system of the cards and an algorithm makes a spaced repition pattern for you which works well
I diidn't do physcology but found this method helped me get A* in biology and chemistry

Ooo, yeah, i use AnkiApp for my flashcards because it suits me better, but I'll check out Study Smarter!

Hopefully it helps me cuz I wasn't much of a flashcard person during GCSEs (mainly cuz i didnt know how to use them 😭)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending