The Student Room Group

Living with grandparent

Hi, I plan to live with my Nan for university, will I receive less student loan? I completed two years of university but unfortunately kicked out one week before third year due to one failed assignment. I plan to start again but this time living with my nan rather than rented accommodation as it has increased to £750 not including bills. I was receiving the full amount of maintenance loan and was just wondering whether that amount would remain the same.
Original post by Amy6165252717
Hi, I plan to live with my Nan for university, will I receive less student loan? I completed two years of university but unfortunately kicked out one week before third year due to one failed assignment. I plan to start again but this time living with my nan rather than rented accommodation as it has increased to £750 not including bills. I was receiving the full amount of maintenance loan and was just wondering whether that amount would remain the same.

Hi Amy,

There are two rates of Maintenance Loan that you can get: one for living with your parents and a higher rate for living away from home.

So, since you'll be living with a grandparent you'll still be entitled to the higher rate, rest assured.

Thanks, Graeme
(edited 6 months ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending