The Student Room Group

Is She Really Busy or Lost Interest?

Hello everyone,
About a month ago, I matched with a girl on Bumble. We agreed to meet up at a café, but the date got postponed 2 times. The first one when she was sick and forgot to message me, she then gave me her number and we continued our conversation on telegram, she asked me on Telegram, when I would have time. We set up another date on a saturday - a day before she asked me: ''Heyy:smile: is it still tomorrow?''.
Unfortunately on Saturday she told me if we can meet up later because she was having a zoom meeting and it was longer than expected - until she told me couldn't make it because the project had to be done on monday, so I asked her in general if she would like to date at all and she said yes. I proposed another date and she told me if thursday is possible so we left it there.

The day before our scheduled date, she messaged me: "I'm really sorry, but I realize that I don't have time between commuting, university, and work... and I also don't want to waste your time by canceling again :frown: ... I have exams right now, and I'm so stressed, I can't handle everything :frown:" I suggested postponing the date until after her exams, to which she replied, "Yeah, that sounds good :smile:"
I also offered to get to know each other a bit in the meantime, to which she responded, "Sure, however you prefer :smile:" Since then, she hasn't been active on Telegram, and on WhatsApp, I asked a few days later if we should continue our conversation there, but she doesn't seem to be responding anymore. Maybe she's just stressed and has other things on her mind, which I can understand, and I haven't messaged her since.

However, I'm still unsure if her interest has truly faded or if she's just too busy to reply. She did tell me that she doesn't want to waste my time and that she wants to meet up after her exams.
I'm wondering if I should trust her words and wait or if I should try contacting her again. I would appreciate hearing your thoughts and advice on how to handle this situation.
Thank you in advance!
Reply 1
Original post by Adriantheo
Hello everyone,
About a month ago, I matched with a girl on Bumble. We agreed to meet up at a café, but the date got postponed 2 times. The first one when she was sick and forgot to message me, she then gave me her number and we continued our conversation on telegram, she asked me on Telegram, when I would have time. We set up another date on a saturday - a day before she asked me: ''Heyy:smile: is it still tomorrow?''.
Unfortunately on Saturday she told me if we can meet up later because she was having a zoom meeting and it was longer than expected - until she told me couldn't make it because the project had to be done on monday, so I asked her in general if she would like to date at all and she said yes. I proposed another date and she told me if thursday is possible so we left it there.

The day before our scheduled date, she messaged me: "I'm really sorry, but I realize that I don't have time between commuting, university, and work... and I also don't want to waste your time by canceling again :frown: ... I have exams right now, and I'm so stressed, I can't handle everything :frown:" I suggested postponing the date until after her exams, to which she replied, "Yeah, that sounds good :smile:"
I also offered to get to know each other a bit in the meantime, to which she responded, "Sure, however you prefer :smile:" Since then, she hasn't been active on Telegram, and on WhatsApp, I asked a few days later if we should continue our conversation there, but she doesn't seem to be responding anymore. Maybe she's just stressed and has other things on her mind, which I can understand, and I haven't messaged her since.

However, I'm still unsure if her interest has truly faded or if she's just too busy to reply. She did tell me that she doesn't want to waste my time and that she wants to meet up after her exams.
I'm wondering if I should trust her words and wait or if I should try contacting her again. I would appreciate hearing your thoughts and advice on how to handle this situation.
Thank you in advance!

She's not interested

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending