I thought I'd give some of my recommendations of my favourite places in Sheffield after studying here for a year!
1) I love going to the botanical gardens with my friends, or on my own. It's located just off Ecclesall road and it's free to enter. It's a lovely place to relax and just have some chill time away from the city centre and even though it's colder I really like going during winter.
2) I also really recommend the showroom cinema which is located near the train station. If you join their free membership programme, you can see any film for £5 which is a really good price for the cinema these days! You also get money off the cafe and drinks and it's a nice, independent cinema.
3) For food, I love going to The street food chef. It's really close to Sheffield Hallam city campus and it's so tasty! They serve burritos and you can choose what goes inside which is good as you can pick all your favourite things! It's also really well priced- around £6 for a small burrito and they often have offers which you can take advantage of.
4) I also really like Tampers coffee shop which is also near Hallam city campus. They have good coffee and hot chocolates and the food they sell is really good too. It's reasonably priced and it's so nice inside when you want to chill with your friends.
5) I also love another cafe which is close to the Hallam student union building in the contemporary art gallery. This also sells tasty but well priced coffee and hot chocolate and has nice seating.
Hope some of these help!
Lucy- SHU student ambassador