The Student Room Group
City campus, Sheffield Hallam University
Sheffield Hallam University
Sheffield
Visit website

Forge accomodation Sheffield Hallam

Would like to know from anyone that has lived here if it was a nice place to stay at? Been reading reviews with a lot of them being quite negative and got kinda worried so wanna know if it’s actually as bad as some of the reviews say.
Original post by Anonymous
Would like to know from anyone that has lived here if it was a nice place to stay at? Been reading reviews with a lot of them being quite negative and got kinda worried so wanna know if it’s actually as bad as some of the reviews say.

Hey there!

The Forge has very recently been taking over by a different housing company. It used to be a UNITE property who have a reputation for not being that great. It's now run by Homes for Students, only since last year, and they're so much more reliable in terms of everything. I lived in a Homes for Students property in my first year and they were lovely. They were good with maintenance requests, organising accommodation events to meet people and even down to the little things like letting you know when you had a parcel at reception. Being brutally honest, the reviews probably came from when it was still under UNITE. Overall the Forge is seen as quite a social accommodation. It also sits on a street with a decent Aldi on it which is so convenient for food shopping.

Hope this helped!
Lucy - Digital Student Ambassador SHU
City campus, Sheffield Hallam University
Sheffield Hallam University
Sheffield
Visit website
Reply 2

it aint bad in my opinion i was there last yr, gna be there this year too if anything theres a lot of partying but yeah dm me if u want more info
Reply 3
Quick question, does anyone know what the Forge's policy in guests is? I'd like my girlfriend to stay with me for a week. I'm not sure how closely the Forge monitor this.
Original post by bk41n
it aint bad in my opinion i was there last yr, gna be there this year too if anything theres a lot of partying but yeah dm me if u want more info

What is it like in terms of noise? I want to party but also sleep 😆
Reply 5
What is it like in terms of noise? I want to party but also sleep 😆

Pure evil or utterly bliss no in between 🤣
Reply 6

depends on your likes and dislikes do you like to party or are you more reserved

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending