The Student Room Group
City campus, Sheffield Hallam University
Sheffield Hallam University
Sheffield
Visit website

Anyone been offered a place at Sheffield Hallam for adult nursing?

I had my interview for adult nursing at Sheffield Hallam and received an offer today. Yaaay! Anyone else heard back from them and potentially attending in September?
Reply 1
Hi - did you apply before the deadline ? How long after applying was you invited to interview ?
City campus, Sheffield Hallam University
Sheffield Hallam University
Sheffield
Visit website
Reply 2
Original post by Jenren17
Hi - did you apply before the deadline ? How long after applying was you invited to interview ?

Hi I applied around 2 weeks before the deadline and got invited to book a time and date for an interview within a couple of days, hope this helps
Reply 3
Original post by SarNar
I had my interview for adult nursing at Sheffield Hallam and received an offer today. Yaaay! Anyone else heard back from them and potentially attending in September?

Hi I received my offer in 2022 and deferred, will be attending september this year for adult nursing! :smile:
Reply 4
Original post by el314
Hi I received my offer in 2022 and deferred, will be attending september this year for adult nursing! :smile:

Awww that’s brilliant, I’m going in as a mature student at 41 so it’s very very nerve wracking but I’m so excited to just get started already! Best of luck on the course xx
Reply 5
Original post by SarNar
Awww that’s brilliant, I’m going in as a mature student at 41 so it’s very very nerve wracking but I’m so excited to just get started already! Best of luck on the course xx

you too! you’ll be great xx
Reply 6
Hi there
I have applied but not heard anything else from them, have been accepted elsewhere
I am also looking at studying
As a mature learner, 41 too.
Reply 7
Original post by Louise2300
Hi there
I have applied but not heard anything else from them, have been accepted elsewhere
I am also looking at studying
As a mature learner, 41 too.

Hi Louise, have you had an interview with them yet? That’s great news, Which university have you been accepted in to? Would have been lovely if we were going to the same one, we could have been one of the mature ones together!! Xx
Reply 8
Original post by SarNar
Hi Louise, have you had an interview with them yet? That’s great news, Which university have you been accepted in to? Would have been lovely if we were going to the same one, we could have been one of the mature ones together!! Xx

Hi,
No not been offered an interview yet, they are viewing my qualifications but a little slow to respond. I agree would be nice to know someone in a similar situation! Are you currently in work and will you continue with it when you start? Xx
Reply 9
Original post by Louise2300
Hi,
No not been offered an interview yet, they are viewing my qualifications but a little slow to respond. I agree would be nice to know someone in a similar situation! Are you currently in work and will you continue with it when you start? Xx

I currently work in health care, I’m planning on working the odd bank shift here and there if it’s possible through the course just for some money! I have 3 children and bills and a mortgage so it’s going to be a tough ride! I did an access course this past year just to dust my brain off a little bit! Good luck with whichever university you choose to go to xx
Original post by SarNar
I currently work in health care, I’m planning on working the odd bank shift here and there if it’s possible through the course just for some money! I have 3 children and bills and a mortgage so it’s going to be a tough ride! I did an access course this past year just to dust my brain off a little bit! Good luck with whichever university you choose to go to xx
Hi, I’ve got a place in mental health nursing. Also a mature student at 38, with 3 children. Maybe there might be more of us oldies than we think 😂 x
Reply 11
Original post by Tonilou04
Hi, I’ve got a place in mental health nursing. Also a mature student at 38, with 3 children. Maybe there might be more of us oldies than we think 😂 x
Aww that’s amazing well done! Are you nervous? I’m hoping there will be a few of us that are bonkers enough to become students at our age and with kids and responsibilities 🤣🤷🏼*♀️ it’s gonna be a tough 3 years xx
Original post by SarNar
Aww that’s amazing well done! Are you nervous? I’m hoping there will be a few of us that are bonkers enough to become students at our age and with kids and responsibilities 🤣🤷🏼*♀️ it’s gonna be a tough 3 years xx
I’m not nervous yet, I’m excited to get started. September seems forever away! I’m sure I’ll be nervous come September. It’s definitely going to be challenging that’s for sure but if we can work and juggle family life I’m sure we’ll smash it x
Original post by SarNar

Hi, i just wondered if you could give me any tips for the interview please? I have mine tomorrow and im super nervous 😩 I’ve been looking at loads if potential questions, and some of them are quite in depth and i dont want to spend too much time on these if the questions are going to be more basic/ standard interview questions, e.g a time youve worked in a team etc. Any help would be really appreciated. And a big congrats on getting a place!! X
Reply 14
Original post by Anonymous
Hi, i just wondered if you could give me any tips for the interview please? I have mine tomorrow and im super nervous 😩 I’ve been looking at loads if potential questions, and some of them are quite in depth and i dont want to spend too much time on these if the questions are going to be more basic/ standard interview questions, e.g a time youve worked in a team etc. Any help would be really appreciated. And a big congrats on getting a place!! X

Hi,

Just make sure you’re really enthusiastic and get that across to the interviewer(s) don’t go over the top though. Ask questions to show your interest, make sure you’re knowledgeable on nursing’s politics, person centred care, respect and your personal reasons for doing nursing/what qualities you have that transfer.

It’s not really like a job interview, id say it’s more a conversation or in some cases a check box activity to get so many points. Don’t worry too much, if it’s meant to be it’s meant to be.

Good luck 💕💕💕

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending