The Student Room Group
UAL entrance
University of the Arts London
London
Visit website

fashion buying and merchandising

Hi, I’ve got an offer for fashion buying and merchandising at LCF, but I originally applied for fashion marketing. Does anyone know anything about this course and what it’s like? Thanks :smile:
This course is a lot more based on statistics and data analysis than a typical fashion marketing course. If it is specifically the marketing of fashion you are interested in, then it may not be the right fit for you, however it does offer a blend between the marketing of fashion and the analysis that goes into understanding what sells, why is sells, and what marketing sells it.

As stated on the LCF course page:
"This course focuses on Buying, Merchandising and associated roles, and suits students that have not only a passion for fashion but also flair for both numbers and product. It is fully aligned with current industry practices, with a focus on sustainability, digitalisation and data analytics.
[start]Critically, this sustainability focus underpins the course and is relevant to all units of study, referencing the UN sustainable development goals throughout to demonstrate commitment to making the planet a better place. This in turn means that Buying and Merchandising students are ready to think more consciously, and gives them the opportunity to make a real difference."[/start]

I hope this helps. Did you apply to any other fashion courses? and well done on the offer!! ☺️
UAL entrance
University of the Arts London
London
Visit website

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending