The Student Room Group

What subjects should I pick?

What subjects do I pick for gcse if I want to go into medicine and become a dermatologist as well as making music, being a YouTuber and be a actor
Original post by Tanishkaaaa
What subjects do I pick for gcse if I want to go into medicine and become a dermatologist as well as making music, being a YouTuber and be a actor

Well, there's no combination of A levels which is going to cover all of those. For Medicine you'll need Chemistry and another Maths/science subject (Biology would make sense, but isn't necessary).

Are your music, YouTube, and acting aspirations in a professional capacity - as alternatives to medicine - or are you just looking for more "fun" activities to so, perhaps as a hobby?
Reply 2
Original post by Tanishkaaaa

well for medicine/dermatology you’ll need chemistry and biology at a-level, but obviously you’ll have to take those for gcse anyway. i don’t know how many ‘option subjects’ you can pick at your school but make one of them music if that’s something you’re interested in, because even at the end of year 11 if you decide you don’t want to do it further, it won’t matter as you have the sciences to fall back on for medicine/dermatology. as for being an actor, drama would be the obvious pick although some schools don’t let you pick drama AND music so idk about yours. and for youtube, that requires no specific subject as it’s just social media, although if you really want a gcse relating to it, there is always media studies or film studies?? i guess they’re related a bit x

Quick Reply

Latest