The Student Room Group

Seasonal depression?

To be quite honest I’m really just not feeling anything positive at all atm. Im stressed, anxious and overall just feel really low. I feel like I just have no spark.

For a little bit of background I’ve just completed a 6 week placement (I’m a second year student nurse). Don’t get me wrong, I am absolutely thrilled that it’s finished even though it was literally a decent area. It did however take a toll on my mental health can’t lie.

On top of that, I’ve been stressing over uni work, an assignment that I’ve been working in for ages was causing me a lot of stress and I submitted it on Tuesday but I don’t even think I’ll have passed it cause it was a recording (which I’ve never done before) and I don’t know how good the points I made were.

And finally the one that’s messing with me most is that after finishing placement I was straight onto taking my driving test for the first time. I however done the most dumb thing and therefore I failed. It’s such a gutting feeling and I can’t stop thinking about it. It was yesterday too and I’ve actually booked another one for January but ngl it has demotivated me a bit.

so yeah all that overall has really just effed with my mindset quite a bit now and I don’t know how to feel. I only put the title as seasonal depression cause it’s the way I’ve been feeling for a good few weeks anyways never mind all this other stuff happening. Does anyone have any advice about how I can make myself feel better please?
Reply 1
you're obviously going to be burnt out due to course/placement etc plus less light longer days etc etc it may well be seasonal affective disorder best idea is to contact GP.

Quick Reply

Latest