The Student Room Group

How much revision should I be doing for A level 2 year?

I don't know how much to do or how much to balance my time between subjects. I'm a second year. So how much time should I spend on each subject now and over Christmas. I'm predicted ACC but I definitely want higher and I have changed my revision strategy recently so my revision is more productive. I don't have specific grades in mind I just want to do my best.
Original post by Madeleinej_h
I don't know how much to do or how much to balance my time between subjects. I'm a second year. So how much time should I spend on each subject now and over Christmas. I'm predicted ACC but I definitely want higher and I have changed my revision strategy recently so my revision is more productive. I don't have specific grades in mind I just want to do my best.

My sixth form says that for every lesson you have, you should be doing an hour outside of lessons. This does include homework and stuff though I think. I'm not sure how much truth there is but it is the only thing I've been told.
Reply 2
Original post by flowersinmyhair
My sixth form says that for every lesson you have, you should be doing an hour outside of lessons. This does include homework and stuff though I think. I'm not sure how much truth there is but it is the only thing I've been told.

What about the holidays then? I’m guessing the lesson time combined with the extra hours. My college is weird though because we have hour and a half lessons sometimes. So that would be 5 each subject for me which is different to what I normally do because I usually vary between subjects and do 12 hours a week on one and 3 hours for the others. Sometimes I do it more evenly but it varies a lot based on which subject I feel is most important to do.

Thank you for the advice btw ❤️
(edited 5 months ago)
Reply 3
Good luck with that

Quick Reply

Latest