Chemistry-8
Physics-8
Biology-7
English Lang-6
English Lit-6
History-6
Spanish-6
PE-6

I am currently doing A-levels in Maths,Further Maths, and Economics.
I would like to to Economics at Uni, Preferably:
UCL
Bristol
Nottingham
This is because I like the areas, but also want to go into Investment Banking.
I feel my GCSEs will hinder my opportunities. Should I retake the ones I know I should have done better in? is there any that would help if I retook them?
Reply 1
Your maths GCSE grades (+all other stem) are great, and to be honest, it's your A level predicted grades that will really sway the decision either way. Forget about your GCSE grades and focus on getting top A level grades to secure your uni place (plus try and do some extracurriculars to do with economics to put on your personal statement e.g. private research, online course, etc.). No employers after you have done A levels and got a degree will take a second look at your GCSEs, even in the most competitive fields, so don't worry about that.
Original post by Culver
Your maths GCSE grades (+all other stem) are great, and to be honest, it's your A level predicted grades that will really sway the decision either way. Forget about your GCSE grades and focus on getting top A level grades to secure your uni place (plus try and do some extracurriculars to do with economics to put on your personal statement e.g. private research, online course, etc.). No employers after you have done A levels and got a degree will take a second look at your GCSEs, even in the most competitive fields, so don't worry about that.

I agree, is unlikely that your GCSEs will be the deciding factor if your predicted grades are goods

Quick Reply

Latest