The Student Room Group

dec y13 mocks

hi all!!

i have my dec mocks in less than a week, starting on the 4th and i literally feel so unmotivated. i’ve been trying to revise but ive been procrastinating for a whole month. through loads of determination i managed to get through topic 3 of biology since it’s coming up but that’s all i’ve done and biology is my weakest area. i’m not worried about psychology since i do very well without revision too but philosophy and biology i struggle with and im praying i can manage to get a B for both with one week of revision. in my oct exams (my most recent one) i got an E for biology (but i didn’t revise at all) so that really dropped my confidence but hopefully i can get back up again. also any tips for procrastination?? i rly need it rn 😫
Original post by alevelsarevhard
hi all!!

i have my dec mocks in less than a week, starting on the 4th and i literally feel so unmotivated. i’ve been trying to revise but ive been procrastinating for a whole month. through loads of determination i managed to get through topic 3 of biology since it’s coming up but that’s all i’ve done and biology is my weakest area. i’m not worried about psychology since i do very well without revision too but philosophy and biology i struggle with and im praying i can manage to get a B for both with one week of revision. in my oct exams (my most recent one) i got an E for biology (but i didn’t revise at all) so that really dropped my confidence but hopefully i can get back up again. also any tips for procrastination?? i rly need it rn 😫

Hi @alevelsarevhard,

Procrastination was something I struggled with a lot during my a-levels and mock exams too. Something I found that helped me a lot was getting with my friends and revising together with them. But don't get me wrong, although revising with them motivated me to drill through some past papers, it was also difficult not to just go through our phones and chat the whole time. It's important you have some self-control as well, put aside any distractions, and maybe toss your phones far, far away. Out of sight, out of mind.

Most of the time, getting yourself to do the work is much harder than the work itself. It's a mental hurdle you should try to push over, because I promise you, once you actually sit down and go through some content, it's a lot less dreadful than getting up to start.

If you prefer not to get with your friends and find that revising alone works better for you, I suggest setting realistic and achievable goals you wish to get done that day. Write them out, have them visualised on a to-do list. Oftentimes, when we just have a bunch of things to do listed in our heads, it seems scarier and harder than it actually is.

Wishing you the best of luck,
Danish
BCU Student Rep

Quick Reply

Latest