The Student Room Group

Got U in my maths mock

So I'm currently in year 12, for this year, I didn't work hard enough and had a poor time management / exam schedule which result in the failure
I ended up getting an U for my maths mock, will this determine that I won't get any offers even if I improve my grades in the real Y13 exam? and would it be better if i just re-take the first year (Y12) (if this's an option)
Speak to your teachers and find out what they say?

Why did you get a u in the mock? Is it because you didn’t turn up, didn’t write anything or did you try hard but just give truly awful answers? Will they let you resit the mock in, say, September in order that you can show you will get your grades up?
(edited 9 months ago)
Reply 2
Original post by Johnny Valentine
Speak to your teachers and find out what they say?

Why did you get a u in the mock? Is it because you didn’t turn up, didn’t write anything or did you try hard but just give truly awful answers? Will they let you resit the mock in, say, September in order that you can show you will get your grades up?

As pathetic as it may sound, i'm 1 mark off an E.
i didn't work at all for my a level maths (i know i shouldn't) but this is the case
my teachers were super clear that they won't adjust the predicted grades
Original post by Be_alone
As pathetic as it may sound, i'm 1 mark off an E.
i didn't work at all for my a level maths (i know i shouldn't) but this is the case
my teachers were super clear that they won't adjust the predicted grades

I’d ask about retaking the year to be honest because next year will be even harder if you haven’t understood stuff or worked hard enough this year.

Quick Reply

Latest