The Student Room Group

Give me advice on what you would do in my position

So what degree do you recommend me doing not tech related but with that degree can get in tech like I wanna get in cyber security but do a degree that has the skills and not related do you have any recommendations like I got 2 in mind finance and optometry???
Reply 1
Why do you wanna go in circles lol. If you know what you want, do something that would allow you to take steps in that direction.
Reply 2
I wanna get in cyber security or finance and which degree would be the right degree of me pursuing btw live in Manchester UK and want great salary that can move me to Dubai and also want great salary there too as they don’t pay tax but that’s when I am in my 30s so I just want more money then people doing medicine and get six figures before them and yeah I want great work life balance pay and flexibility and when I mean finance not ib of accounting mean financial analysis financial management asset management cfo and cyber mean literally all because they offer that???
Finance
Reply 4
Original post by Wired_1800
Finance

And explain why
Original post by aryc_30
And explain why

You are paid more in Finance esp IB
Reply 6
You are paid more in Finance esp IB

Well tech is better because gets that same money after more experienced with better work life balalnce espescially tech is way better
Original post by aryc_30
Well tech is better because gets that same money after more experienced with better work life balalnce espescially tech is way better

I dont think so.
Reply 8
I dont think so.

Wdym cyber security is
Original post by aryc_30
Wdym cyber security is

Cyber security is a bog standard profession within IT. I have never heard that they have as competitive a salary as investment bankers. If you have seen cyber security jobs that have high salaries like bankers, go for them.
Reply 10
Which career is better overall for pay flexibility and work life balance and which is gonna shine in future and is worth it???
Reply 11
Original post by aryc_30
Which career is better overall for pay flexibility and work life balance and which is gonna shine in future and is worth it???

i'm thinking a career chnage in cyber

for both it is cyber. my flat mate works in cyber for london stock exchange and goes in once a month
Original post by aryc_30

Finance.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending