The Student Room Group

1 exam away from ACA qualification

Hi all,

looking for some guidance/opinion/insight. I work for a top 15 firm. I was due to sit all 3 advanced level ACA papers in November 23 but due to health complications and needing surgery, i deferred Case Study to next July.

I feel like I'm having a bit of a quarter life crisis in that I really don't know what to do next. I hate audit with a passion, never feel good enough in what I do, suffer from imposter syndrome and lack of professional confidence and always feel like I've been thrown in the deep end and I'm trying to stay afloat.

I've been interested in tax for a while and even though i have a secondment coming up in Jan I wouldn't be able to move until I role off my training contract (which wouldn't be until sep/oct 2024) and there's no guarantee that I would be offered a job role in that department anyway.

I've been speaking to recruiters and have a few interviews in much smaller practices/1 in industry but they are all for same £ if not less than I'm on now. Recruiters are saying because I want to move away from audit i will have to take a pay cut.

I just want to enjoy the work I do, feel like i am capable and adding value, have some WFH/hybrid benefits and be paid a decent salary - but that seems like way too much to ask for!

Does anyone have any advice on job hunting mid contract?
Reply 1
When do you get the results from your Nov exams? Are you on 3 months notice?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending