The Student Room Group

University of Oxford - Applications - Would I be considered?

I’m applying for PPE with Foundation year and I qualify. I’m currently resitting my a levels and didn’t apply for this last year. Would resitting affect my entry to the course in any way?
Original post by Anonymous #1
I’m applying for PPE with Foundation year and I qualify. I’m currently resitting my a levels and didn’t apply for this last year. Would resitting affect my entry to the course in any way?

Yes, as long as you meet or exceed the entry requirements.
Reply 2
Original post by thegeek888
Yes, as long as you meet or exceed the entry requirements.

so if I’m retaking my a-levels it doesn’t affect my entry so as long as I meet/exceed the entry requirements right?
Original post by Anonymous #1
so if I’m retaking my a-levels it doesn’t affect my entry so as long as I meet/exceed the entry requirements right?

Yes.
Reply 4
I suggest that you contact the University of Oxford Astrophoria Foundation just to be certain. Fifty places are offered for the foundation year, 8 being set aside for PPE. They will give you the definitive answer. Good luck with the resits.
Reply 5
In normal intakes, it's not an automatic bar but it can (and usually does) present a problem when limited places are to be offered to the most promising candidates. With a foundation year the rules might change slightly. I was talking to a fellow at Pembroke about this last week but I can't recall the exact requirements. You can bang off an email to check, they're pretty quick at responding.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending