The Student Room Group

I think of all the huge box-office busting franchises out there, Avatar is possibly the most polarizing film franchise of them all, or certainly one of them at least. They look stunning, are rendered crisply by means of its digital animation, and they're meaningful through their eco-friendly and tribal themes. However, the films leave a lot to be desired as characters can be too bland, the messages of the films can be too hamfisted, and even its technical qualities can be transparent, with creatures and machines looking like production assets than immersive aspects of the films.

Do you think the Avatar franchise is compelling at all, or do you think they're all show and no go?
Original post by JDINCINERATOR
I think of all the huge box-office busting franchises out there, Avatar is possibly the most polarizing film franchise of them all, or certainly one of them at least. They look stunning, are rendered crisply by means of its digital animation, and they're meaningful through their eco-friendly and tribal themes. However, the films leave a lot to be desired as characters can be too bland, the messages of the films can be too hamfisted, and even its technical qualities can be transparent, with creatures and machines looking like production assets than immersive aspects of the films.

Do you think the Avatar franchise is compelling at all, or do you think they're all show and no go?

I agree with you on this one- the films look great, but overall, I was a bit disappointed :getmecoat:

Quick Reply

Latest