The Student Room Group

Prizes/Awards for Barristers' Chambers

Hi everyone. I've been noticing a large focus on prizes and scholarships for the Bar. On many occasions, pupils and junior tenants have an extensive prize lists for the civil sets in London that I'm keen on applying too. The thing is, my university does not give out module prizes necessarily, so I feel I will be hugely outperformed, especially since many sets are going university blind.

I have, on the other hand, although I'm relatively early, some good Bar related experience, with a mini, mooting comps, debating comps, mock trials- a couple of which reaching finals/national finals stage (and I plan on signing up to an essay competition too).

Is it enough to put general achievements in the prizes and scholarships section of a pupillage app? I will of course, aim for a Bar course scholarship, but in modules where I get a high first, or competitions which I reach top 3/finalists/winner stage, would I get away with putting that on there? Or does it have to be an officially named prize/award?

Thanks all :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending