The Student Room Group
Student at University of Edinburgh
University of Edinburgh

Any chance at Glasgow/ Edinburgh??

Hey strangers, my friend and I are both seeking to attain a history degree at either Glasgow or Edinburgh uni. During our highers last year, my friend achieved AABB and I achieved AAAB, we are currently sitting our S6 subjects, my friend is predicted are AAAB (two of which being advanced highers) and my predicted grades are AAAB (one of which being an advanced higher). Do you believe that these grades along with our predicted grades are enough to be offered even a conditional from either institution?
hi !

I can't say for Glasgow, but I've received an offer from Edinburgh university for MA history and classics with conditions of ABBB at higher.
my predicted grades were : AAAAAA (English, French, music, psychology, human bio, history)
grades I got were : AAAAAB (B was in psych)
however, I applied during my 5th year and deferred (doing my AHs in school just now !)

wishing you both luck on your applications 😊
Student at University of Edinburgh
University of Edinburgh
Original post by georgiaxmolly
Hey strangers, my friend and I are both seeking to attain a history degree at either Glasgow or Edinburgh uni. During our highers last year, my friend achieved AABB and I achieved AAAB, we are currently sitting our S6 subjects, my friend is predicted are AAAB (two of which being advanced highers) and my predicted grades are AAAB (one of which being an advanced higher). Do you believe that these grades along with our predicted grades are enough to be offered even a conditional from either institution?

Hello there stranger, lovely to meet you.
I'm an English student who applied for law and i got a conditional offer of AAB down from the standard grades so it should be possible to get a conditional but i have no clue how Scottish Highers work so i might be wrong, best of luck though

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending