The Student Room Group

From 1st Year Uni to Degree Apprenticeship

I am currently studying at SOAS Economics and am considering whether or not to apply to degree apprenticeships for next september (sep 2024), I am thinking if I finish 1st year will I be able to transfer to any degree apprenticeship (similar to how you can to other unis) but without having to repay back the student loan. Would this be a good idea or would it be better to transfer to another uni in the 2nd year (e.g. Surrey), my grades are AAC (A= Maths and C=Economics)
Original post by Mohammed.Rhim
I am currently studying at SOAS Economics and am considering whether or not to apply to degree apprenticeships for next september (sep 2024), I am thinking if I finish 1st year will I be able to transfer to any degree apprenticeship (similar to how you can to other unis) but without having to repay back the student loan. Would this be a good idea or would it be better to transfer to another uni in the 2nd year (e.g. Surrey), my grades are AAC (A= Maths and C=Economics)

I’m an undergraduate, and I’m curious to know why you are leaving. I play to study economics and managment next year?
Original post by Kiarnasmith
I’m an undergraduate, and I’m curious to know why you are leaving. I play to study economics and managment next year?

If I'm able to transfer in the 2nd year and continue to a degree apprenticeship I feel as though the experience would be much more beneficial mainly because the university I go to at the moment isn't at the highest level and the opportunities aren't as good as a degree apprenticeship
Reply 3
Original post by Mohammed.Rhim

I really don't think "transferring" is realistic. You can apply to employers who have apprenticeship vacancies. If you are successful you can walk away from your current degree and start the apprenticeship. Remember a degree apprenticeship is a combination of on the job training and part time university. You've not done the first year. You've done something else. I think you are suggesting that you can transfer to year two of an apprenticeship? If that's what you mean I don't believe you are going to be able to do that.
(edited 4 months ago)
Original post by Mohammed_Islam
If I'm able to transfer in the 2nd year and continue to a degree apprenticeship I feel as though the experience would be much more beneficial mainly because the university I go to at the moment isn't at the highest level and the opportunities aren't as good as a degree apprenticeship

Hello,
I was planning to apply for SOAS to study economics and management, and im sorry for your experience. I was planning to apply there, but i might not consider it. Is the teachers not of a high level ?
Original post by Kiarnasmith
Hello,
I was planning to apply for SOAS to study economics and management, and im sorry for your experience. I was planning to apply there, but i might not consider it. Is the teachers not of a high level ?

I'd say the teaching is actually pretty good and if you give feedback to the lecturer's and seminar teachers they will adjust and make it better overall.

The resources they use to teach however can vary quite alot where it can be really useful (sometimes almost mandatory) or really useless (happens alot with specific modules).

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending