The Student Room Group

After college help/tips!!!

Indo Sociology, Art, English Language and an EPQ but i dont know what i want to do and what these a levels can lead to. No idea yet so please any advice or anything.

I am also planning to take a gap year after college to get a source of income then university but I don’t know what career or degree I could pursue with thisz
Original post by blacada
Indo Sociology, Art, English Language and an EPQ but i dont know what i want to do and what these a levels can lead to. No idea yet so please any advice or anything.

I am also planning to take a gap year after college to get a source of income then university but I don’t know what career or degree I could pursue with thisz

Whilst I cant help specifically for this, but general advice. Write down a list of pros and cons for the subjects you wish to study, and google the possible jobs that go those particular course - top of my head - teaching/researcher etc. and then over the days give it a good thought as to what potential direction you see yourself in on a yearly basis. Dont take massive leaps, keep it present and near future as possible for now.

Taking a GAP year can be a great idea, nice to get some experience and earn some money. but also an opportunity to reflect on what you really want to do, you may find yourself changing your mind from now vs 12 months from now regarding the course and direction you wish to take.
(edited 4 months ago)
Reply 2
Have a look down this list of degree subjects to get some ideas of the 'sort of subjects' that might interest you - Undergraduate Courses, Degrees : Study : University of Sussex
Go to a range of Uni Open Days in May/June and listen to some subject presentations.
Apply in a Gap Year when you are more certain about what you want toi do - and why.

Quick Reply

Latest