The Student Room Group

Bio-medical Science - BTEC - Help!!!

Hi, I am studying Bio-Med in College which is a 2 year course. I am receiving limited support from College tutors and there has already been a teacher who has dropped out ! So College support isn't the best. I am hoping to further my education post college but will need Distinctions to be considered in a Uni placement. I've had mixed results so far in my course work, Distinction and recently a Pass ! How can I obtain Distinction across all my remaining courseswork ? I'm spending a lot of time and effort but really not sure what else I need to do to hit the top grades - any past students or current that can provide some insight would be very helpful. Thank you.
Reply 1
Original post by superhulkhero
Hi, I am studying Bio-Med in College which is a 2 year course. I am receiving limited support from College tutors and there has already been a teacher who has dropped out ! So College support isn't the best. I am hoping to further my education post college but will need Distinctions to be considered in a Uni placement. I've had mixed results so far in my course work, Distinction and recently a Pass ! How can I obtain Distinction across all my remaining courseswork ? I'm spending a lot of time and effort but really not sure what else I need to do to hit the top grades - any past students or current that can provide some insight would be very helpful. Thank you.

I don't know if this is helpful to you but I am in my final year of studying for a Business National Extended Diploma at college currently on track for a DDM.

My top tip would be make sure you read the assignment brief and understand what it is asking of you to meet the Distinction criteria (some of the words used in FE and HE work are complicated), and if you're not sure Google or similar is your friend to look up what the words mean, as it often makes it more understandable from definitions. Often from my experience, 'Evaluate' and 'Justify' are common words used for distinction criteria in Business.

Some sites on the internet (such as Studocu) will hopefully be able to show you some examples of Distinction work as well.

My other tip would be to find out from others in your class who are getting Distinctions what they do to obtain the Distinctions, and they may be able to support further.

Hope this helps :smile:

Harry

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending