The Student Room Group

US -Should I apply ED to a 30% AR college with AAB A-level grades?

International competition is fierce. Though it sounds like a good idea to show you like the college, applying ED may hurt my chances of getting in.

The issue is that the people applying to ED have high GPA or A-Level grades, connections to the college or have a very impressive activities section. My grades are mediocre, I have no connections, and have done little with my life. While I really think I have passion for the things I do (my PS really stood out to all my counsellors!), due to alot of issues in my life and myself, I dont have much to show for myself in the activities section. Even worse, I've given myself little time to do my common app essay and supplementals. They're currently a mess. AND I never even took the SAT!

To confirm my suspicions, is it a bad idea to apply ED? Will writing a good essay make up for my activities, or is there not enough time to do so? I really do regret everything.

There's a promise I made to someone very dear to me to get into a North American college. I've honestly failed them and in doing so turned my life into a mess.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending