The Student Room Group

Is it possible to get AAB overall for cambridge A level

I have a BBCC grade in cambridge international AS Level but i need atleast an AAB in A level to apply for medicine in UK. Is it possible to get the AAB grade overall for A level if i do well in A2 Level? And do you average your AS and A2 level grades to calculate your overall A level grade?
Be realistic. Medicine may not suit you. There are many other great health care professions that are worth your consideration, for example, Sonographers, Radiation Therapist, Chiropractic, etc.
(edited 1 year ago)
I'm not going to lie, AAB for UK med as an international (I'm assuming here please correct me) doesn't stand you in good stead. I'm not knowledgeable on medicine but I do know the govt has imposed limits of the no. of internationals studying medicine in the UK, is there no where else you'd like to study?
Original post by Abushaikh
I have a BBCC grade in cambridge international AS Level but i need atleast an AAB in A level to apply for medicine in UK. Is it possible to get the AAB grade overall for A level if i do well in A2 Level? And do you average your AS and A2 level grades to calculate your overall A level grade?

Heya!
Have you considered doing other degrees outside of medicine like biomedical science or pharmaceutical :h: You can check out different careers on Prospects. Medicine is very competitive. Check with your teacher how AS and A2 work internationally as in England AS marks don't go towards your overall a-levels, but international ones might be a bit different so it's better to double check it!

Hope this helps!
Milena
UCL PFE
Study Mind
Reply 4
Original post by blade000
Be realistic. Medicine may not suit you. There are many other great health care professions that are worth your consideration, for example, Sonographers, Radiation Therapist, Chiropractic, etc.

May you please assist me in finding an English speaking country preferably in Europe where i can apply for medicine with my current qualifications and possibly have a better success rate?

Original post by isabelbelle
I'm not going to lie, AAB for UK med as an international (I'm assuming here please correct me) doesn't stand you in good stead. I'm not knowledgeable on medicine but I do know the govt has imposed limits of the no. of internationals studying medicine in the UK, is there no where else you'd like to study?

May you please assist me in finding an English speaking country preferably in Europe where i can apply for medicine with my current qualifications and possibly have a better success rate?
Reply 5
Original post by StudyMind
Heya!
Have you considered doing other degrees outside of medicine like biomedical science or pharmaceutical :h: You can check out different careers on Prospects. Medicine is very competitive. Check with your teacher how AS and A2 work internationally as in England AS marks don't go towards your overall a-levels, but international ones might be a bit different so it's better to double check it!

Hope this helps!
Milena
UCL PFE
Study Mind

Heya!
Perhaps this website might be helpful with your search for medical schools in Europe. I'm not too sure about medical school in Europe sorry :frown: You'll have to do some research on it but hopefully, the website above helps!

I hope this helps!
Milena
UCL PFE
Study Mind
Reply 7
Original post by StudyMind
Heya!
Perhaps this website might be helpful with your search for medical schools in Europe. I'm not too sure about medical school in Europe sorry :frown: You'll have to do some research on it but hopefully, the website above helps!

I hope this helps!
Milena
UCL PFE
Study Mind

Thanks a lot.

You should wake up!
Original post by isabelbelle

He does not even have AAB grades…..
I would strongly suggest you watch the “how to choose your college major” video clip on YouTube. Based on your grades, I am afraid that medicine may not be your destiny. There are many other professions that can give you a better income with shorter training time.
(edited 1 year ago)
Original post by blade000
I would strongly suggest you watch the “how to choose your college major” video clip on YouTube. Based on your grades, I am afraid that medicine may not be your destiny. There are many other professions that can give you a better income with shorter training time.

Honestly wouldn’t worry, most of these agencies are well known for taking desperate/oblivious students, charging them a small fortune and putting them in a university that isn’t recognised or on the grey list, nearly all are adamant that their universities are “best in Europe” “gmc accredited” “guaranteed admission” when the reality is none of this is true, and these students end up with wasted years and lost money.

Quick Reply

Latest