The Student Room Group
Manchester Metropolitan University
Manchester

Can I swap courses after a foundation year?

I only have enough qualifications to do a foundation year at MMU.
My chosen course at the moment is Future Media Production, with a foundation year. However, my most ideal course is Graphic Design at MMU, they don't offer a foundation year for this course.

At the end of my foundation year with the Future Media Production course, would be able to swap courses to Graphic Design?
Original post by sophieholden
I only have enough qualifications to do a foundation year at MMU.
My chosen course at the moment is Future Media Production, with a foundation year. However, my most ideal course is Graphic Design at MMU, they don't offer a foundation year for this course.

At the end of my foundation year with the Future Media Production course, would be able to swap courses to Graphic Design?
Hi @sophieholden!

We can't guarantee that you'll be able to change your linked degree to something outside of our SODA courses. Instead, we'd recommend applying for our Art and Design Foundation course. Applications for this are submitted to us directly so you don't need to make any changes on UCAS.

I hope this helps!

Chloe🙂
Manchester Metropolitan University
Manchester
Original post by Manchester Metropolitan University
Hi @sophieholden!

We can't guarantee that you'll be able to change your linked degree to something outside of our SODA courses. Instead, we'd recommend applying for our Art and Design Foundation course. Applications for this are submitted to us directly so you don't need to make any changes on UCAS.

I hope this helps!

Chloe🙂
Hi Chloe,

Thanks for that - but what if its a course within SODA?
So for example, a foundation year of Future Media Production and then moving to Graphic Design?
Original post by sophieholden
Hi Chloe,

Thanks for that - but what if its a course within SODA?
So for example, a foundation year of Future Media Production and then moving to Graphic Design?
Hi Sophie, Graphic Design is within the school of Art, rather than SODA, so unfortunately it's unlikely that you could move from foundation year Future Media Production to year 1 Graphic Design. The best approach would be to apply for the Art Foundation course linked in my previous post🙂 - Chloe

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending