The Student Room Group
University of Oxford, Pawel-Sytniewski
University of Oxford
Oxford

Questions about getting in to Oxford to do masters in computer science

I am currently in my first year at university studying computer science and my (probably unrealistic) aim is to do my masters at Oxford and I have two questions about this:

1. I have poor A-levels (BBB in subjects not relevant to computer science) will this mean that no matter my Uni Grade I would not get in?

2. If it is still possible after the first question, what are things I can do over the next few years to give me a chance to have a successful application?

Answers to either of these questions or any other general advice would be greatly appreciated
Thanks.
(edited 4 months ago)
Reply 1
Hey, a levels are not considered for masters, only any degrees you have taken. So make sure to get into the best university you can for your undergraduate, get a 1st in your subject and do the relevant extra and super curricular activities dedicated to compsci. Then you'll have a chance of getting in
University of Oxford, Pawel-Sytniewski
University of Oxford
Oxford
Reply 2
Original post by J.ioak
Hey, a levels are not considered for masters, only any degrees you have taken. So make sure to get into the best university you can for your undergraduate, get a 1st in your subject and do the relevant extra and super curricular activities dedicated to compsci. Then you'll have a chance of getting in

Thank you for the response, with regard to the extra and super curricular activities, are these things done in uni or is this referring to things such as personal coding projects and other courses/qualifications done outside of university
Reply 3
My A Levels are worse than yours (including a fail) and I did a postgrad at Oxford (and am awaiting a decision on another one). Get a first. hat's the most significant step. Anything else is a bonus.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending