The Student Room Group

Help with A-level Chem and Bio - mature situation

Hi all, hope you are doing well. I will keep this short:

- I am a 26yo, currently an applicant to Graduate Entry Medicine.

- I didn't do A-level life science and didn't do a BSc in a Life Science.

- Managed to secure a few interviews but 2 of them will have so called scientific stations testing knowledge of life sciences (bio + chem).

- I know stuff on bio simply out of leisure reading. However, dead in the water chemistry wise. Moreover, I would like to start from scratch for bio as well.

- I am not sure where/how to start to gain full knowledge to the level of A-level knowledge.

Any suggestions are super welcome. Many thanks.

Merry Xmas!!!
The AQA A level textbooks contain their whole syllabus in a nicely laid out format so I would recommend looking at those. You may be able to find them in a library if you don’t want to commit to purchasing them. CGP also make good revision guides which may be adequate but I can’t remember what level of detail they reach.
Original post by TheVirtualPhoton
The AQA A level textbooks contain their whole syllabus in a nicely laid out format so I would recommend looking at those. You may be able to find them in a library if you don’t want to commit to purchasing them. CGP also make good revision guides which may be adequate but I can’t remember what level of detail they reach.

hi, thanks! Is this still recommended if you start from scratch? Like someone who doesn't know anything.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending