The Student Room Group

Stress

I really don't know how to cope with the stress and at this point I have lost all motivation to do anything. I have applied to medicine and have uppcoming interviews starting in 2 weeks, and I am very unprepared, I am not a confident commuicator AT ALL. All I can think about are the conflicts of the world, the political tension etc. I feel behind on A-level content, i keep forgeting AS content too, it's worrying. I can't focus on work even when my ohone is away, i start fidgeting with anything in sight. My parents have high expectations I don't want to let them down. This has been my dream but right now it doesn't seem like it. My OCD has gone worse and I spend a good half hour reading the same prayer because "I didn't pray it right". I just don't know what to do.
I get how you feel. I was in the same hole just a few months ago. So, here's my advice:

The world sucks. Let it's problems go because you can't control them and you have nothing to do with them. Focus on your own problems. More specifically the ones that are in your control.

Take a break. Trust me, you'll be glad you did. I had to homeschool myself in preparation of my IGCSEs this year and I was so miserable every time I had to sit down and study I got sick on the week just before my last papers. So please, if you can, postpone the meeting and take a break. Or cancel it entirely. I know that hard work comes with sacrifices but are you sure you want to put yourself through all of this?

I get the whole parental pride thing but it isn't worth your mental. Easier said than done right? But seriously, ask yourself whether all this will make YOU proud at the end of the day.

Ah! The good ol' religious crisis. I've been there too! God (or whoever you pray to) doesn't care bout how properly or consistent you are with your prayers. He cares about how genuine you are with them. Think about it. What would you value more, the occasional heart-to-heart with a dear friend or the chore of hearing the same mantra repeated again and again because you promised your friend you'd listen to them.

Best of luck!

Quick Reply

Latest