The Student Room Group

Y13 poor grades due to mental health

I'm in year 13, applied to top universities with predicted grades A*A*A* but this year my mental health (specifically depression) has worsened. I have struggled with it for some years but was able to cope with GCSEs and Y12, but this year I have had no motivation to do anything.

My grades are poor, averaging Cs, and I don't know how to bring them up when I feel so demotivated just to live. I also have ADHD. Trying to study with poor concentration and the other problems with ADHD as well as zero motivation is impossible for me and I don't know how to overcome this to get the grades I need in A-Levels.
Original post by Anonymous #1
I'm in year 13, applied to top universities with predicted grades A*A*A* but this year my mental health (specifically depression) has worsened. I have struggled with it for some years but was able to cope with GCSEs and Y12, but this year I have had no motivation to do anything.

My grades are poor, averaging Cs, and I don't know how to bring them up when I feel so demotivated just to live. I also have ADHD. Trying to study with poor concentration and the other problems with ADHD as well as zero motivation is impossible for me and I don't know how to overcome this to get the grades I need in A-Levels.

The standard advice would be to work on yourself and your mental health.
Not getting into university straight after sixth form is not the worse thing ever. You can also take a degree similar to what you want to study that is not as intense/competitive to get into and then do a masters afterwards in your desired subject. It would be more helpful if I knew what you wanted to study. Your mental health is more important, university is important but it isn't worth your life.

Quick Reply

Latest