The Student Room Group

Anxiety of a decision

So beginning of last year I developed an anxiety disorder (undiagnosed), I have been wanting to do my PhD for a while let’s say 5 years, I have contacted more than a 200 potential supervisors, I got rejected 10 times, every email or university rejection hurts me so much

This year, I found good supervisors, a solid proposal, and I applied, while my application is strong I still fall short bellow the requirements 2 marks,

In two weeks, I should receive a response, my life depends on that decision, how can I prepare myself for the worst case scenario? Just the idea of getting rejected again scares me a lot, I dont want to bother the admission more,

I check the application pretty much everyday, I check the decision page everyday too, even on weekends, I feel I can’t do anything until I receive an answer

Anyone has been in a similar situation ?
Original post by Anonymous #1
So beginning of last year I developed an anxiety disorder (undiagnosed), I have been wanting to do my PhD for a while let’s say 5 years, I have contacted more than a 200 potential supervisors, I got rejected 10 times, every email or university rejection hurts me so much

This year, I found good supervisors, a solid proposal, and I applied, while my application is strong I still fall short bellow the requirements 2 marks,

In two weeks, I should receive a response, my life depends on that decision, how can I prepare myself for the worst case scenario? Just the idea of getting rejected again scares me a lot, I dont want to bother the admission more,

I check the application pretty much everyday, I check the decision page everyday too, even on weekends, I feel I can’t do anything until I receive an answer

I don’t have any advice for you unfortunately but I just wanted to wish you luck! I really hope it works out for you :smile:
Reply 2
Original post by Anonymous #2
Original post by Anonymous #1

I don’t have any advice for you unfortunately but I just wanted to wish you luck! I really hope it works out for you :smile:

Thank you very much!

Quick Reply

Latest