The Student Room Group

prelim

I think I’m having a panic attack about my prelim and I don’t know what to do, its my first one and I’m scared that if I miss it I’ll be completely screwed and won’t have any other choices
Original post by obscene-waiver
I think I’m having a panic attack about my prelim and I don’t know what to do, its my first one and I’m scared that if I miss it I’ll be completely screwed and won’t have any other choices

please don't panic! ik thats easier said than done, but my nat5 prelim season was early december and i was terrified before every single prelim, especially my first one (which was english, in the big hall, with my entire year.. not a great first prelim) and all i cam say is that once u sit down and get started, u will be absolutely fine. don't listen to all the hysteria outside the prelim from ur year group, everyone's being a hysterical teenager outside which isn't very helpful when ur standing trying not to be sick from nerves (personal experience 🤞🏻), but immediately after i started my paper I was able to calm down, get my answers down and think properly. study when u can but don't pure stress urself over stuff, bc if worst comes to the worst its a prelim - essentially a trial run, and u can always resit exams the following year if u rlly want to. prelims are generally jst so u can get a feel for what an exam would be like, and also allow u to see what ur sitting at and improve ur grades and study habits before the exams. u will be fine ! good luck for ur prelims xx

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending