The Student Room Group

failed physics miserably

I am in year 11 and take triple science and I failed my physics mock so, so badly. I got 37/120- a U.

I am obviously mortified at this, but I expected it as physics is my worst subject , absolutely ever. I actually understand chemistry and biology, I do not understand physics. Like I cannot even just memorize all the content because I don't get it. I am very embarrassed as I was one of 3 people in the entire class to get a U.

Everyone else in my class is so intelligent, most people got 70+. I didn't really revise for this mock as I don't even know where to start, as I don't understand any of the subject and anything I did study, the difficulty was amplified 10x in the mock. Like the paper itself was very hard, but I don't think I would've done well regardless.

I do excel in other subjects though, I swear it really is physics that drags my grades down. I feel so outcasted because everyone else understands it but I just don't. I am getting my mock results slip this month and my parents will see and I am incredibly worried and ashamed.

Any advice? The real exam is in less than 4 months.
Reply 1
Original post by Anonymous #1
I am in year 11 and take triple science and I failed my physics mock so, so badly. I got 37/120- a U.

I am obviously mortified at this, but I expected it as physics is my worst subject , absolutely ever. I actually understand chemistry and biology, I do not understand physics. Like I cannot even just memorize all the content because I don't get it. I am very embarrassed as I was one of 3 people in the entire class to get a U.

Everyone else in my class is so intelligent, most people got 70+. I didn't really revise for this mock as I don't even know where to start, as I don't understand any of the subject and anything I did study, the difficulty was amplified 10x in the mock. Like the paper itself was very hard, but I don't think I would've done well regardless.

I do excel in other subjects though, I swear it really is physics that drags my grades down. I feel so outcasted because everyone else understands it but I just don't. I am getting my mock results slip this month and my parents will see and I am incredibly worried and ashamed.

Any advice? The real exam is in less than 4 months.

Hey, You still have time to revise. Watch Freescience lesson videos and make flashcards. Answer past paper questions and you can improve in a month

Quick Reply

Latest