The Student Room Group

Incapable of love

Haven't been on a date, haven't had a crush in ages, havent held hands, havent even had a talking stage. Sure i've talked to guys but has it ever reached the point where we could be something more? No.
My friends tell me that me going university may improve my love life but i dont understand why If i can't do it in sixthform. I wouldn't say i'm totally ugly, especially if my friends have told me a couple of times that some guys checked me out. But it takes time for me to connect with people. I'm fine talking but actually feeling comfortable with someone is hard unless i see them couple of times each week and chat online but i swear anyone can click with anyone.
I just can't see my self ever falling in love because i never have and it just makes me feel so alone. I want to experience it but i just haven't clicked with anyone. I'm not actively looking for a relationship but i'm just are of the relationships i have with others and i can't help but compare.
I feel like an outside and idrk what to do
Reply 1
Original post by Anonymous #1
Haven't been on a date, haven't had a crush in ages, havent held hands, havent even had a talking stage. Sure i've talked to guys but has it ever reached the point where we could be something more? No.
My friends tell me that me going university may improve my love life but i dont understand why If i can't do it in sixthform. I wouldn't say i'm totally ugly, especially if my friends have told me a couple of times that some guys checked me out. But it takes time for me to connect with people. I'm fine talking but actually feeling comfortable with someone is hard unless i see them couple of times each week and chat online but i swear anyone can click with anyone.
I just can't see my self ever falling in love because i never have and it just makes me feel so alone. I want to experience it but i just haven't clicked with anyone. I'm not actively looking for a relationship but i'm just are of the relationships i have with others and i can't help but compare.

To sum it up, in the words of Laufey:
"Everybody's falling in love and I'm falling behind."

loner core LOLLLL, im joking ur loveable i promise and youll find the love of ur life
Reply 3

There's no rush. Everyone figures out what they want in a romantic relationship at different stages and finds connections at different points in their lives. Just because you haven't dated yet doesn't mean you never will. Give yourself the time you need to get comfortable with someone, and if they're not OK with that, they're probably not a good fit.

Quick Reply

Latest