The Student Room Group

anthro and law for 2024

Hi has anyone applied to anthro and law for 2024? has anyone received any offers?
Original post by lunaaaaaaaa12345
Hi has anyone applied to anthro and law for 2024? has anyone received any offers?

I have applied! I’ve seen a lot of people last year that haven’t received offers until mid April time cause they said departments do law offers and anthropology offers first before law and anthropology
Original post by Lucymaskell
I have applied! I’ve seen a lot of people last year that haven’t received offers until mid April time cause they said departments do law offers and anthropology offers first before law and anthropology

I dont think i can wait that long ☹️ where else have you applied? Do think lse look more at personal statements or predicted grades/gcse grades?
I dont think i can wait that long ☹️ where else have you applied? Do think lse look more at personal statements or predicted grades/gcse grades?

I applied for york, Sheffield and Queen Mary all just LLB’s- I think the personal statement is the most important and how much anthropology you include in the personal statement cause I read it had to be 40% anthro and 60% law.
Original post by Lucymaskell
I applied for york, Sheffield and Queen Mary all just LLB’s- I think the personal statement is the most important and how much anthropology you include in the personal statement cause I read it had to be 40% anthro and 60% law.

Ive heard something similar as well. Im just nervous about my personal statement because of the amount of law i wrote about as i want to secure offers from the unis that offer law only as well. When did you apply? I applied 1 Nov
Ive heard something similar as well. Im just nervous about my personal statement because of the amount of law i wrote about as i want to secure offers from the unis that offer law only as well. When did you apply? I applied 1 Nov

That’s the same with me- I decided to put in around 35% anthropology as I did not want to risk getting rejected from all the others. I applied on 7th December so a little bit later than you. How much anthropology did you write in your personal statement? I did a paragraph on anthropological views on education and then kept referencing anthropological throughout and how it links to law but I just don’t know whether it was enough.
i did around 30% anthropology, same reason as you as i dont want to get rejected for the law course at other universities. I mentioned anthropology in my subjects paragraph as well as throughout my paragraphs where i spoke about lectures, but i dont think it was enough. do you think predicted grades/ grades achieved at GCSE might help people get in? or do you think its more the personal statement?
i did around 30% anthropology, same reason as you as i dont want to get rejected for the law course at other universities. I mentioned anthropology in my subjects paragraph as well as throughout my paragraphs where i spoke about lectures, but i dont think it was enough. do you think predicted grades/ grades achieved at GCSE might help people get in? or do you think its more the personal statement?

Probably predicted A-level grades might help as long as you’re at the grade requirement- I don’t think that GCSE’s matter too much. Did you do anthropology as a subject then?
No i talked about it with sociology. im just really nervous because i dont think it was enough 😞
Hi has anyone heard back yet?
Reply 10
Hi has anyone heard back yet?
Not yet. have you?
Original post by badb789
Not yet. have you?
i haven't either, i really wonder when we would hear back. when do you guys think it will be?
Reply 12
i haven't either, i really wonder when we would hear back. when do you guys think it will be?
I read somewhere that last year they were giving out offers during April.
(edited 1 month ago)
Original post by badb789
I read somewhere that last year they were giving out offers during April.
On the offer spreadsheet there were a couple offers in march as well. But i do think most will be in april
do you guys think they will give out offers/rejections during the easter break?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending