The Student Room Group

idk how to handle stress

Our teachers have been starting to notice how students are reacting in class and outside of lessons. We've had multiple people fainting apparently due to a lack of sleep and so many people have been falling asleep in class to the point where some teachers just let it slide because of how frequent its happening, they just send the class notes afterwards.
I haven't been affected like this but I am mentally exhausted and physically too. While some of my teachers do care about students mental health, some disregard it - preaching how we should all be doing 20-30 hours of revision per week, giving us homework that we can't do unless searching up the answers. I'm struggling to do more than 15.
I've had to cancel so many plans in order to revise, I've stopped going to gym etc - i've had to either stop scenarios from happening or just drop the things i used to love in order to focus more. I feel like i'm just a robot. It doesn't help the fact that i've just had my mocks and i couldn't do anything - I would be lucky if i even get a high D at this rate. I've spoken to my parents about how this has been affecting me along seeing as they noticed all the weight i lost but they just don't care, always saying how this is what they had to go through and its just life.
I don't really know how to handle all the stress because I have no motivation - i hate sitting at my desk, at school or anywhere doing work because i know i'll fail. It only hit me today how close exams are and i feel like i've learnt so much but yet nothing at all?
I don't understand how the Department for Education think that this has a positive impact on students and i hope that some day they will realise it.
Reply 1
Original post by Anonymous #1
Our teachers have been starting to notice how students are reacting in class and outside of lessons. We've had multiple people fainting apparently due to a lack of sleep and so many people have been falling asleep in class to the point where some teachers just let it slide because of how frequent its happening, they just send the class notes afterwards.
I haven't been affected like this but I am mentally exhausted and physically too. While some of my teachers do care about students mental health, some disregard it - preaching how we should all be doing 20-30 hours of revision per week, giving us homework that we can't do unless searching up the answers. I'm struggling to do more than 15.
I've had to cancel so many plans in order to revise, I've stopped going to gym etc - i've had to either stop scenarios from happening or just drop the things i used to love in order to focus more. I feel like i'm just a robot. It doesn't help the fact that i've just had my mocks and i couldn't do anything - I would be lucky if i even get a high D at this rate. I've spoken to my parents about how this has been affecting me along seeing as they noticed all the weight i lost but they just don't care, always saying how this is what they had to go through and its just life.
I don't really know how to handle all the stress because I have no motivation - i hate sitting at my desk, at school or anywhere doing work because i know i'll fail. It only hit me today how close exams are and i feel like i've learnt so much but yet nothing at all?
I don't understand how the Department for Education think that this has a positive impact on students and i hope that some day they will realise it.

There was this girl who fainted but she had her head against a radiator and then had to get rushed to hospital because she burnt half her face. She's recovered now but she has very low predicted grades because she fell behind on her work and idrk how to comfort her
Jeez, what stage are you and what kind of nutters are you teachers if they are encouraging this?
i'm sorry that sounds really rough. What A levels are you doing? I would recommend prioritising sleep when you have a choice cos you will be unable to learn and feel dull and maybe act mental otherwise (i have done this - was embarrassing). Rely on your own judgment and advice as well - if you think you would be better off staying off school one day to do own revision then do so. Online resources are incredibly useful if your school is a bit of a mess. Try to make a schedule and stick to it and talk to your teachers about what their plan for lessons and homework setting is so you can plan ahead. You still have plenty of time till exams actually.

Quick Reply

Latest