The Student Room Group

Ran out of time in GCSE mocks

So I just did my GCSE mocks (year 11) and they were pretty easy, like I could answer all questions (except for the science :frown:(( practical paper). However I don't think my grades are gonna look very pretty when I receive them because I ran out of time in most of my papers and so didn't finish everything. I ended up losing quite a lot of marks for questions that I could have easily gotten full marks/good marks on. When I did my year 10 mocks we practiced them under not-so-timed conditions so I wasn't aware of just how problematic my time management skills (if any lol) are. Now I'm really worried and angry as well because I'm not gonna get all As and A*s when I should have :frown:( all because I ran out of damn time. Obviously I won't let this happen in May but these mocks are over now and I feel really bad about myself for messing them up when clearly I revised a lot and was able to do the exams and should have gotten the marks. Is anyone else going through the same issues? I massively appreciate any responses.
Reply 1
My timing wasnt so bad at the start but as i went through the papers it progressively got worse like in History. RS, English etc. i still havent done bad in them (7,7,6 respectively) but i know if i managed my time better i could have gotten the next grade up. In the lead up to may im gonna do practice questions and try and time them. Im gonna look at a 1marker and try do it in 30s, then 4markers in 2/3mins max, 12 markers in 10 mins, 16 markers in 15 mins etc

Quick Reply

Latest