The Student Room Group

English literature exam stress

hi-
I'm an GCSE student and I just did a mock for an Inspector calls. I ran out of time in the assessment as I spent a lot of time planning so only wrote one paragraph, an introduction and conclusion. I used all the paper but everyone else wrote 2/3 paragraphs so I'm slightly freaked because I need to get at least a grade 5. Could I do well because I did use 3 quotes, double analysed them, used lots of context and linked to deadly sins
thanks lol
Reply 1
Original post by MathsMania
hi-
I'm an GCSE student and I just did a mock for an Inspector calls. I ran out of time in the assessment as I spent a lot of time planning so only wrote one paragraph, an introduction and conclusion. I used all the paper but everyone else wrote 2/3 paragraphs so I'm slightly freaked because I need to get at least a grade 5. Could I do well because I did use 3 quotes, double analysed them, used lots of context and linked to deadly sins
thanks lol

i personally think you didnt need a conclusion. if the content is there you will get marks but you will lose some for not having a fully structured answer. i think it is likely you wont get above a six, but if you did proper and good analysis a five or six is very possible so dont overly stress about it.
Reply 2
Original post by MathsMania
hi-
thanks lol

you likely wont do great in inspector calls maybe a 5 or a six if it is a great paragraph but no need to stress just do better on the next paper.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending