The Student Room Group

Difficulty of maths in Y12 vs Y13

Hi, I'm in Y12 but our school is starting Y13 maths content already as we have finished Y12 content (to give us more time to do further maths content). I was just wondering what the jump is like between Y12 and Y13 maths.
Reply 1
Not to scare you or anything but I’d say it’s a pretty big step up. I did Bio, Chem and Maths and Maths had the biggest jump in difficulty from Y12- Y13 out of the 3 imo.
Reply 2
Ah ok thanks!
Reply 3
Hey! I’m in year 13 and I did my a level maths last year, I’d say it is a bit of a step, especially when it comes to calculus, if you want any of the sites/ resources I used I’d be happy to share 🙂
Reply 4
Original post by oceanb1ue
Hi, I'm in Y12 but our school is starting Y13 maths content already as we have finished Y12 content (to give us more time to do further maths content). I was just wondering what the jump is like between Y12 and Y13 maths.

It’s quite a big jump, echoing what others have said calculus becomes much more difficult. But, I think if you have solid foundations in all of the year 12 topics you should be alright :smile:
I would say there is some step up but it should be OK as long as you have a solid foundation in Y12

Quick Reply

Latest