The Student Room Group

A level resits

Hi guys, I was just wondering if anyone could shed some light on what it is like resitting a levels as there really isn’t much help or information around this
Reply 1
I just resat one of my alevels this summer and i know other people who also resat.

I looked around online if there were any colleges or schools near me who also functioned as an exam centre- usually you have to pay high fees for this in my case I retook 1 and it was around £380, the earlier you sign up the cheaper it usually is.

In my friends case she wanted predicted grades so she signed up to an online course and did the work she was given in order to get predicted grades and a statement and also a place to sit exams all in one go. She retook 2 and it was around 1.2k (more expensive as they were in a way teaching her a short 1 year course online plus reference and predicteds)
Reply 2
Original post by anoraeb
I just resat one of my alevels this summer and i know other people who also resat.

I looked around online if there were any colleges or schools near me who also functioned as an exam centre- usually you have to pay high fees for this in my case I retook 1 and it was around £380, the earlier you sign up the cheaper it usually is.

In my friends case she wanted predicted grades so she signed up to an online course and did the work she was given in order to get predicted grades and a statement and also a place to sit exams all in one go. She retook 2 and it was around 1.2k (more expensive as they were in a way teaching her a short 1 year course online plus reference and predicteds)

Doesn't the college/ sixthform you were in normally allow you to resit your exams for free? I'm pretty sure it says that on the government website too. It's typically free for students wanting to resit the year after their A Levels.
Reply 3
Original post by RaviBoy
Doesn't the college/ sixthform you were in normally allow you to resit your exams for free? I'm pretty sure it says that on the government website too. It's typically free for students wanting to resit the year after their A Levels.

It's not free unless you are restiing GCSE Maths and English becuase you did not get a grade 4 or better.
Reply 4
"You'll work through year 13 again and take your exams at the end of it. "It's usually free to retake your exams the year after you get your results," says the government's National Careers Service, but you may need to pay if you go to an independent or private school or college."
This is from The Student Room "Your guide to A- Level retakes and resits" article.
(edited 8 months ago)
Reply 5
Original post by RaviBoy

Usually in sixth forms/college they dont allow you to retake y13 only if you retake y12 (so y12, y12, y13 - not y12, y13, y13) if that makes sense :smile: - I also retook y12 so im pretty certain this is the case as i know others who tried to retake y13!

Quick Reply

Latest