The Student Room Group

I don't know how to make my personal statement stand out.

I don't stand out and I know it. I have the very bare minimum ucas points required for my chosen courses and these are foundation courses. I only have my English and Maths GCSEs, I failed everything else. I dont do any extra curriculars, I never have before. My only hobby is drumming, but I'm applying for business so I don't see how it could be relevant and even if it were, that's only one hobby with no academic value. I don't have any life experiences that could be relevant. I don't have any work experience. I don't know how to make myself stand out. Any and all advice will be greatly appreciated.
Original post by _echo.
I don't stand out and I know it. I have the very bare minimum ucas points required for my chosen courses and these are foundation courses. I only have my English and Maths GCSEs, I failed everything else. I dont do any extra curriculars, I never have before. My only hobby is drumming, but I'm applying for business so I don't see how it could be relevant and even if it were, that's only one hobby with no academic value. I don't have any life experiences that could be relevant. I don't have any work experience. I don't know how to make myself stand out. Any and all advice will be greatly appreciated.

Then write about why you want to study business. What aspects do you find particularly interesting and what to learn more about? Why are those aspects of particular interest?

Many unis pay no particular attention to personal statements as their quality is often so heavily dependent on the level of support that the student has received. So don't overly fixate on it.
Reply 2
Original post by DataVenia
Then write about why you want to study business. What aspects do you find particularly interesting and what to learn more about? Why are those aspects of particular interest?

Many unis pay no particular attention to personal statements as their quality is often so heavily dependent on the level of support that the student has received. So don't overly fixate on it.

Thank you so much
Original post by _echo.

Hi,
The most important thing is you get your passion to want to study business across. Is there a particular book/documentary with a business feel that really inspired you? Also you can include your drumming as that's an extra curricular activity and shows the people reading your personal statement that you can balance your hobbies and studies. Hope this helps!
-Jasmine (Lancaster Student Ambassador)
Reply 4
Original post by _echo.

As other people have said, try not to make it personal to you and perhaps talk about experiences in your life where business may have had value or what inspired you to study business in the first place

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending