The Student Room Group

Resitting second year?

A week before the year started I had an extremely rough breakup with a girlfriend of two years, she started bringing new boys back to our shared house within the week, naturally this had a huge impact on my mental health and kicked off a months long period of depression (in the colloquial sense, not diagnosed) and drinking far more than I should have. I also simply didn’t have the energy to attend lectures whatsoever, and as a result have essentially completely missed the start of second year. Stupidly, I didn’t inform the university of my issues and just stopped going with no explanation. I naturally struggled massively with my coursework throughout this period, dropped marks where I shouldn’t have etc. I physically cannot pass 2 modules anymore. Now that I am in a better place mentally speaking, what can I do? I have no idea who to ask about this, and no clue if they’ll even let me given my attendance is literally 0% for the year, and to top it off I have nothing from a doctor because I never spoke to anyone. What do I do?
If you have one, speak to your personal tutor. If not, your faculty or student's union. They'll be able to help.

Quick Reply

Latest