The Student Room Group

Struggling and not coping with university anymore (final year)

I’m feeling so down. I can’t do this anymore.
I want to quit so badly but I don’t want to.
It feels like my struggles are never ending when it comes to academic work.
I am aware I’m lazy but I can’t focus and stick to plans. It’s been 2 1/2 years at uni and I’m struggling with writing my dissertation even with the help from my friends, family and tutors.
I’m afraid of failing. I’m afraid of disappointing myself and my parents. I’m afraid I can’t get a job after I finish my degree if I do pass. All these worries and anxiety is taking control and I can’t seem to stop it.
I’ve tried resting but i’m guilty. I should have worked earlier on my dissertation but now it’s less than a week and I haven’t been able to write my analysis. It’s so hard. I want to stop. I feel like a child complaining about these little things but I’m just so annoyed with my situation.
Reply 1
You an get support and there is a lot of support out there such as:

-The Samaritans, you can call 116 123, which is available 24 hours a day

-Mind, 0300 123 3393

-Saneline, 0300 304 7000, from 4.30pm-10.30pm

-The mix, 0800 808 4994, 11am-11pm

-SHOUT, text 852258, 24 hour text service

-Crises, 741741, text service

-Papyrus, 0800 068 4141, if you have thoughts of suicide or in emotional distress

-Rethink mental health, 0300 5000 927

-No Panic, 0800 138 8889-relate, they have a chat advisor

There is the mind forum

Also Facebook groups

You can join support groups

You can contact a crises team if things get very bad

Plenty of resources online, information regarding well being
Reply 2
Original post by Anonymous #1
I’m feeling so down. I can’t do this anymore.
I want to quit so badly but I don’t want to.
It feels like my struggles are never ending when it comes to academic work.
I am aware I’m lazy but I can’t focus and stick to plans. It’s been 2 1/2 years at uni and I’m struggling with writing my dissertation even with the help from my friends, family and tutors.
I’m afraid of failing. I’m afraid of disappointing myself and my parents. I’m afraid I can’t get a job after I finish my degree if I do pass. All these worries and anxiety is taking control and I can’t seem to stop it.
I’ve tried resting but i’m guilty. I should have worked earlier on my dissertation but now it’s less than a week and I haven’t been able to write my analysis. It’s so hard. I want to stop. I feel like a child complaining about these little things but I’m just so annoyed with my situation.

Maybe you can transfer credits to the Open University.

Quick Reply

Latest