The Student Room Group

Universities for Law 2024

Hey! Are there any good ranking universities for Law, that would accept ABB grades? Of course, I am not thinking Russel Group level, but generally good ones.
Original post by yaro4eva
Hey! Are there any good ranking universities for Law, that would accept ABB grades? Of course, I am not thinking Russel Group level, but generally good ones.

Hi there

I would recommend having a look at any University Ranking Tables online, this could help you narrow down some choices. :smile: (Though whilst rankings are important, do remember to do thorough research and account different factors that are important to you.)

I am a third year law student at Kent, and my experience here has been amazing. Hopefully, I can give you an insight on what it is like to study law at Kent.

What is your reasons for looking at University rankings? One reason that I looked at this myself was for future career prospects. Law firms often tend to recruit students from high ranked Universities. Kent Law School is reputable, and there have been students at Kent that have gotten into Magic/ Silver Circle law firms.
At Kent, you are given a lot of support throughout your studies. Every year, we are paired with an Academic Advisor who is there to provide guidance with our studies. There are also peer mentoring schemes, this is where high achieving second and third year students support first year law students throughout their year. The lecturers and seminar leaders are really friendly and approachable, I feel comfortable asking any queries I have during or after lessons. :smile:

In terms of career prospects, Kent offers an Employability points scheme. We are able to log our extra-curricular activities online for points. At the end of the year, these can be exchanged for Kent exclusive opportunities with law firms or barrister chambers. For example: work shadowing, internships, mock interviews with solicitors, CV review sessions, etc. These are really useful opportunities that can significantly boost your CV and enhance the chances of securing a good job in the future. You can find more about this here:https://www.kent.ac.uk/employability-points.

I hope this helps. If you have any specific questions on choosing universities, studying law, or studying at Kent, I am happy to answer them :smile:
Chloe
University of Kent Student Rep

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending