The Student Room Group

Plz need help on if my exam will be capped😭

had an law degree exam due yesterday at half 5 (it was at home exam from half 9 to half 5) but I had to send the exam 17 minutes late because the blackboard/turnitin page just wouldn't load - at 5:31 I sent an email to the module leader saying look turnitin isn't loading will I get capped with a picture of it loading - he's saying I'll have to wait because he'll need to enquire and mark the work.

I'm just wondering if the mark will be capped and how long I'll have to wait to find out. I've got really bad anxiety about this and don't think I'll be able to concentrate on any work until I find out what's going to happen. Is there any knowledge anyone can give on this - would mean a lot
Typically it is up to the student to ensure their work is submitted on time, if not earlier. So unfortunately I would believe your out of luck. Your only option would be to plea with the board of examiners and hope for the best.
Reply 2
Original post by overgrown-puzzle
Typically it is up to the student to ensure their work is submitted on time, if not earlier. So unfortunately I would believe your out of luck. Your only option would be to plea with the board of examiners and hope for the best.

Thank u for replying - how would I contact the board of examiners - when I told my module leader he said that he can’t make promises but will do what he can in the circumstances so I really don’t know what to do or think at this point
Original post by Hannah123786
Thank u for replying - how would I contact the board of examiners - when I told my module leader he said that he can’t make promises but will do what he can in the circumstances so I really don’t know what to do or think at this point

It differs from University to University, so id contact your submissions team. Usually something like bss_submissions
Reply 4
Original post by overgrown-puzzle
It differs from University to University, so id contact your submissions team. Usually something like bss_submissions

I’ve searched and there’s no submissions team but I applied to the mitigating circumstances thing - do u think there’s a chance I won’t be capped as the module leader said he’ll try everything he can do - would he have any power
(edited 3 months ago)
Reply 5
had an law degree exam due yesterday at half 5 (it was at home exam from half 9 to half 5) but I had to send the exam 17 minutes late because the blackboard/turnitin page just wouldn't load - at 5:31 I sent an email to the module leader saying look turnitin isn't loading will I get capped with a picture of it loading - he's saying I'll have to wait because he'll need to enquire and mark the work.

I'm just wondering if the mark will be capped and how long I'll have to wait to find out. I've got really bad anxiety about this and don't think I'll be able to concentrate on any work until I find out what's going to happen. Is there any knowledge anyone can give on this - would mean a lot

What time did you first try? Did you record that anywhere e.g. a screenshot?
I’ve searched and there’s no admissions team but I applied to the mitigating circumstances thing - do u think there’s a chance I won’t be capped as the module leader said he’ll try everything he can do - would he have any power

Usually the module leader doesn't have any power, it would be the examining body. So I dont think theres anything you can do.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending