The Student Room Group
Student in the Laboratory, Lancaster University
Lancaster University
Lancaster
Visit website

How does the lancaster reduced offer work?

So i am applying for computer science at lancaster university and it mentions below that "Required Subjects We are committed to encouraging the adoption of the A level Computing curriculum and recognising desirable subjects. Students applying with an A level or IB Higher Level in Computing, Computer Science or Mathematics will be considered for a lower offer." I currently fo maths computer science and physics. Does that mean I will get the lower offer from AAB and how much does it reduce the entry requirements by? Also my predocted grades are 2A* 1 A so does this have an influence? Thanks
(edited 3 months ago)
Original post by jake102:)
So i am applying for computer science at lancaster university and it mentions below that "Required Subjects We are committed to encouraging the adoption of the A level Computing curriculum and recognising desirable subjects. Students applying with an A level or IB Higher Level in Computing, Computer Science or Mathematics will be considered for a lower offer." I currently fo maths computer science and physics. Does that mean I will get the lower offer from AAB and how much does it reduce the entry requirements by? Also my predocted grades are 2A* 1 A so does this have an influence? Thanks

Hi there,

When you receive a lower offer, it is normally one grader lower so typically it would become ABB instead of AAB. While there is no guarantee you will receive a lower offer, you will definitely be considered and it is quite common for lower offers to be given.

Please feel free to ask me any other questions.

Amy (Lancaster Student Ambassador) 🙂
Student in the Laboratory, Lancaster University
Lancaster University
Lancaster
Visit website
Reply 2
Original post by Lancaster Student Ambassador
Hi there,

When you receive a lower offer, it is normally one grader lower so typically it would become ABB instead of AAB. While there is no guarantee you will receive a lower offer, you will definitely be considered and it is quite common for lower offers to be given.

Please feel free to ask me any other questions.

Hi thanks for the reply, I am also a young carer, do lancaster give lower offers for that or no ?
Hi thanks for the reply, I am also a young carer, do lancaster give lower offers for that or no ?

Hi again,

Normally a lower offer won't be given for that reason. However, it may be taken into consideration if you don't meet the entry requirements when you receive your grades.

Also just to add there is support available at the university for young carers that you may like to read about:
Student Carers - Lancaster University

Reply 4
Original post by Lancaster Student Ambassador
Hi again,

Normally a lower offer won't be given for that reason. However, it may be taken into consideration if you don't meet the entry requirements when you receive your grades.

Also just to add there is support available at the university for young carers that you may like to read about:
Student Carers - Lancaster University

Hi thanks for the reply. I am predicted 2A* and 1A. Will this affect my chances of getting a reduced offer since I am well above the entry requirements anyway or does it not work like that?
Hi thanks for the reply. I am predicted 2A* and 1A. Will this affect my chances of getting a reduced offer since I am well above the entry requirements anyway or does it not work like that?

Hi again,

Your predicted grades will likely not influence your chances of getting a reduced offer. Regardless of how good your predicted grades are, reduced offers are still given in case your exams don't go as well as expected.

Reply 6
So i am applying for computer science at lancaster university and it mentions below that "Required Subjects We are committed to encouraging the adoption of the A level Computing curriculum and recognising desirable subjects. Students applying with an A level or IB Higher Level in Computing, Computer Science or Mathematics will be considered for a lower offer." I currently fo maths computer science and physics. Does that mean I will get the lower offer from AAB and how much does it reduce the entry requirements by? Also my predocted grades are 2A* 1 A so does this have an influence? Thanks basket random

In your case, with predicted grades of 2A* and 1A, you are already well-positioned. Since you are taking A levels in Mathematics and Computer Science, you may indeed be eligible for a lower offer. The specific reduction in the entry requirements can vary and is typically determined by the university's admissions policies.
(edited 2 months ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending